Would you rather go offline for a month or get caught in a social media controversy?
The significance of cancel culture might be debatable. Yet, most brands would prefer a peaceful month of non-existence over constant trolling.
Social media branding can make online interactions easier. It’s important to note that the slightest misstep could lead to embarrassing consequences. Not to forget the fact that anything that is posted online stays on the internet forever.
We’ve rounded up the most important rules of social media marketing in this article. That way,you’ll know what to do and what not to do during a crisis.
Let’s have a look:
Social media platforms are spaces for causal interactions by default. That is why it’s easier to blur the lines between personal and professional content when you’re marketing.
Fortunately, you can avoid accidental posts by setting up rules and restrictions. These rules will allow you to promote your brand without blunders.
Here are a few things to consider for the social media branding plan:
· What kind of brand voice should you adopt?
· What are your short term and long term marketing goals for a social media campaign?
· Who is allowed to post online from the official handle?
· What sort of images can you publish online?
· How often should you post online?
Answering these questions will give you a cohesive idea for your social media marketing strategies. You also gain more control over what goes and doesn’t go up on the profile.
Pro tip: Make sure that posts on sensitive issues (i.e.pandemic, racial discrimination, and gender) go through a quality check.
Social listening is a social media strategy for monitoring interactive platforms.It means keeping tabs on conversations about your brand and competitors. Your sleuthing skills will make it easier to differentiate trolls from genuine customers.
Other benefits include:
· Identifying potential red flags and then addressing them before things escalate
· Acknowledging satisfied customers and using their reviews for testimonials
· Get notified about market trends and viral challenges relevant to your business
Afterward, you can gather consumer insights by recording the general response to your social media marketing campaigns.
Despite your best efforts, your brand can get entangled in a social media controversy. That might be because of a bad review, or agitated trolls. The trick is to avoid participating in heated arguments during this situation.
You can do that by:
· Responding to good and bad feedback tactfully
· Avoiding cuss words and bad language on the internet
· Addressing reoccurring complaints promptly
Also, try to dedicate days or hours for real-time customer support. Your cooperative stances will help turn the tide in your favor.
In the end, social media branding isn’t as hard as it looks. You only need set rules, social listening skills, and composure to retain your brand reputation.Then mix in creative marketing content and engaging campaigns to woo the target audience.
Once you manage that, nobody will point fingers at you.
Do you want to ace the social media game? Our brand strategists are ready to nudge you in the right direction.